24 December, 2009
21 December, 2009
09 December, 2009
13 October, 2009
30 September, 2009
29 September, 2009
25 September, 2009
17 September, 2009
11 September, 2009
1. Role Reversals where new style wedding parties can feature a Man of Honour or a Best Woman.
2. Cigar bars and candy bars arranging different types of cigars on a table with personalised matchboxes or paper bags with retro style sweets.
3. Fun colour combinations like lemon and grey and poppy teamed with aqua.
4. Humanist ceremonies allowing couples the flexibility over locations and greater outdoor options.
5. Photos before the ceremony giving the bride and groom more time to enjoy celebrating after the ceremony with guests.
6. Alternative wedding breakfasts from afternoon tea parties or BBQs to evening ceremonies with black tie receptions.
7. Decorating the outside as well as the inside, such as hanging lights in trees or reindeers hired to pose for winter weddings!
8. Eco Chic Weddings, from earth friendly invites to nature loving honeymoons, going green no longer means a compromise on the style of the big day.
9. Hiring wedding items saving on the cost of buying, but adding style with a range of options such as vintage crockery, garden games or chairs (rather than covers).
10. Making it your day by putting a unique mark on all the design elements like quotes in the wedding programmes or pictures as name settings.
Photo credit: pinkfrosting.com.au
07 September, 2009
Date: Sunday, 13th September 2009
Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm
03 September, 2009
26 August, 2009
25 August, 2009
20 August, 2009
- Venue: Englemere, Ascot http://www.englemere.co.uk/
- Photography: Breathe Pictures, http://www.breathepictures.com/
- Stationary: SGPD, http://www.stephengreendesign.co.uk/
- Music: Euphonic and Straight Eight, http://www.straighteight.co.uk/
- Videographer: Shaun Folds, http://www.beautifullifeuk.com/
- Menswear: http://www.stress3hire.com/
- Flowers: Longacres nursery, Bagshot
- Hair: Natalie Layhe
- Cake: Patricia Cox
Photo credits: All images from Neale James from Breathe Pictures. Make sure you get an amazing photographer. Neale is so talented! His work is original and creative, we don’t have enough nice things to say about him. He made us look our best and, even more importantly, he made us feel comfortable.
17 July, 2009
1. Creative cakes
From colourful cupcakes to towering tiered cakes there is so much choice to pick from that can reflect your style.
2. Artistic table plans
Using escort cards instead can provide so many more interesting display options and help build a theme, from hanging them on branches to writing on pebbles. Click here to take a look at our blog entry dedicated to this.
3. Serve a signature cocktail
Giving guests something unique to sip on is far more memorable than the standard drink list, design your own cocktail that is in your colour scheme and give it a fun name!
4. Bridal Thrones
Well maybe not quite thrones, but dressing the bride and groom’s chair up to stand out from the rest with real flower decorations, sashes embroidered with your initials or hire two unique style chairs.
5. Wedding programmes
You can fill your programme with lots of interesting details for guests to read as they await your arrival. Feature your favourite love quotes, include Martha Stweart's "What Tree Did You Fall From?" page or have a timeline with key dates and events through your relationship
30 June, 2009
19 June, 2009
10 June, 2009
01 May, 2009
03 April, 2009
02 April, 2009
29 March, 2009
18 March, 2009
06 March, 2009
Once the exclusive haunt of the rich and famous, Cliveden House is now available as an impressive and romantic setting for your wedding.
Their welcoming and flexible team showed us around the house explaining how each room can be transformed to suit each wedding parties needs. We then had the opportunity to explore some of the 376 acre estate, the magnificent formal gardens overlook the River Thames, and discovered romantic hideaways including the Fountain of Love and the Secret Garden.