29 July, 2008
23 July, 2008
- Winter (Jan to Mar) This is an ideal time to visit the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean, particularly Sri Lanka & the Maldives
- Spring (Apr to Jun) South East Asia is great at this time of year with a mix of city and fantastic beach options, we love the Vietnamese vibe in Hanoi followed by Langkawi’s fantastic beaches
- Summer (Jul to Sep) There are more choices closer to home in the summer, why not try the romance of the Amalfi coast or the glamour of the Côte d’Azur?
- Autumn (Oct to Dec) Venture to the other side of the world to benefit from New Zealand's or Australia's summer weather, perfect for a mix of adrenaline activities and beautiful scenery.
16 July, 2008
- Give flowers that may seem dull on first impressions a chance; for example carnations in a pomander ball look stunning
- Buy seasonal flowers – over the year the cost of flowers fluctuates due to what’s in season and key events like Valentine’s Day and Mothers Day.
- Give flowers more than one role! Move the ceremony flowers to your reception and pop the bridesmaids bouquets in vases or bouquet holders
09 July, 2008
7. Flower power Before choosing your bouquet, look for a florist that supports organic flower farms and uses seasonal wildflowers- you could cut the emissions that would be generated by shipping flowers from far away. 8. Do the environment a favour When it comes to wedding favours, why not share a living gift, like a small potted plant, with each guest. Packets of seeds and soy soap also make great green favours. 9. Gifts of conscience Ethical gift lists are on the rise; the Oxfam Unwrapped service has tripled in the last year and By Nature’s unique wedding list service have a selection of green, organic and ethical products. If you have all you need, why not create an online donation list to a worthy cause or ask guests to dedicate trees to you both in the MarryMeWood (www.carbonneutral.com/weddings). 10. Enjoy an all-natural honeymoon Plan a honeymoon where you can commune with nature at an eco-resort that preserves the environment. Both Responsible Travel and Ecoescape have lots of dream destinations. A wedding planner can assist you in designing a wedding to your unique specifications, even more helpful when you wish to infuse eco-chic elements into the celebration. Working with an expert, such as SugarBlossom is the best possible way to cut through the clutter to discover the things you believe in, and will love.